Monday, September 3, 2007

September 3, 2007 Diet Diary

Weight: 135 pounds

Breakfast: Oatmeal with cottage cheese (cook 1/3 cups of oatmeal with 2/3 cups of water, when finished add 1/3 cup 2% cottage cheese, 1/2 teaspoon fructose, 2 teaspoons almonds, 1 tablespoon milk)

Morning Snack: Half of a ZonePerfect Bar and a couple Fiber One Clusters

Lunch: Leftover Basil Shrimp with Feta and Orzo

Afternoon Snack: None

Dinner: Restaurant meal! Asparagus salad with a poached egg, lettuce, pecorino cheese and avocado dressing; seitan with mushrooms and a marsala wine sauce, steamed broccoli and steamed kale. (I hadn't expected to go out to dinner, let alone to a vegetarian place, so I took a stab and guessed that seitan would be high in protein. When I got home, I discovered that I was right! Hopefully the marsala sauce plus the asparagus salad provided sufficient amounts of fat.)

Evening Snack: Almond mocha ice blended latte (decaf)

Exercise: I'm still sick, but managed to get out of the house today and walk around town. It wasn't a lot of walking (less than 2 miles), but better than what I've done the past few days.

No comments: