Sunday, September 2, 2007

Product Review: ZonePerfect Peach Apricot Parfait Bar

4 out of 5 stars

This was the first time that I'd tried ZonePerfect's Peach Apricot Parfait Bar and I was pleasantly surprised.

All ZonePerfect Bars are similarly constructed. They are a solid "log" of crunchy soy protein nuggets (it tastes like crisped rice), with flavorings and a chocolately or yogurty coating. I'm more of a fan of the chocolately ones, because yogurt coatings usually leave me with (literally) a bad taste in my mouth. Plus, the yogurt coated bars (regardless of the manufacturer) are more frequently paired with fruit-flavored bars. Since the fruit is often just artificial flavorings, I steer clear of these. But, apricots are one of my favorite flavors, so I decided to give these a try. And I'm glad I did. The peach flavor serves as a good background (I smelled it before I tasted it), and there are actual chunks of dried apricot in these bars. The yogurt isn't overpowering.

I'd buy these again.

No comments: