Sunday, September 2, 2007

Recipe Review: Basil Shrimp With Feta and Orzo

My Mom's been making this Cooking Light recipe for years, and I've recently become hooked on it, too. As an added bonus, it's almost a perfect 40-30-30 recipe (42% carbs, 31% protein, 26% fat...doesn't total 100% due to rounding).

This is a flavorful, foolproof recipe. If you can boil water (to make the orzo pasta), then you can cook this.

Things I like about this recipe:
1. If you (or your family) believes you can't eat pasta on a carb-controlled diet, think again.
2. Start to finish, this should take no more than 45 minutes to make (including 25 minutes cooking time).
3. The recipe claims to make 2 servings, but I think it's easily 3-4 servings. (I'm a moderate eater, and it fixed 3 normal-sized portions and 1 smaller portion.)
4. It can be made ahead and then cooked later, or reheated.

No comments: