Tuesday, September 4, 2007

September 4, 2007 Diet Diary

Weight: 135 pounds

Breakfast: Oatmeal with cottage cheese (cook 1/3 cups of oatmeal with 2/3 cups of water, when finished add 1/3 cup 2% cottage cheese, 1/2 teaspoon fructose, 2 teaspoons almonds, 1 tablespoon milk)

Morning Snack: Half of a Balance Bar

Lunch: Half of a Balance Bar, Cedar's Hummos with celery

Afternoon Snack: Fiber One Clusters

Dinner: Basil Shrimp with Feta and Orzo (the last of my leftovers!...on to something new, I promise)

Evening Snack: Red wine and low-fat string cheese

Exercise: I took a 3+ mile, 50-minute walk today, and think I probably pushed myself a little too far since I'm still sick, and it was hot outside. I'm alive, but was very flushed for an hour or so afterward, and got a little bit of a heat rash.

Note: Although I'd lost a pound or more a day for the first couple of days, I new it was unrealistic to expect that I'd keep up that pace. So I wasn't too surprised when I got on the scale this morning and found that it still read 135 pounds. Last night's dinner was very salty, so I may have retained some fluid. And, on the flip side, I've been popping decongestants and antihistimines over the past four days. In my experience, they dry you out and can cause some constipation.

No comments: