Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tip: Drink 8 a Day

You may have noticed that I seldom, if ever, make any notation about drinks I've consumed in my daily diary. That's because my favorite non-alcoholic drinks are water and decaf green tea (hot or cold) without sweetener. These both have no calories and no caffeine, so they count toward the 8 glasses of water you're supposed to drink each day. I love water, so I drink a lot more than 8 glasses a day. (It's just past noon, and I've already had 6 or 7 glasses of water today.)

If you have a hard time consuming that much water, here's a tip. Find a 64 ounce bottle (2 quarts, or half a gallon), and fill it up with water each morning. Then, fill your water glass from that bottle throughout the day so you can track your water consumption.

No comments: